Nickolas J. Reck
Nickolas Reck works in the firm’s key practice areas: complex civil litigation, white collar criminal defense, and securities enforcement. Mr. Reck clerked for the Honorable Roslynn R. Mauskopf of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Notable civil matters include:
- representation of an oil and gas company in connection with a contract dispute and proposed initial public offering, which resulted in a judgment in the client’s favor after a trial on the merits in the District of Delaware;
- representation of a healthcare company in connection with an antitrust review by the U.S. Department of Justice, which resulted in approval of the proposed merger;
- representation of a healthcare company in connection with an internal investigation into sexual harassment allegations;
- representation of an investment firm in connection with a contract dispute, which resulted in the amicable departure of an executive;
- representation of a technology company in an action in the Southern District of New York to compel the production of materials for use in an international tribunal, which resulted in a judgment in the client’s favor that was affirmed by the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit;
- representation of a pharmaceutical company in connection with a bankruptcy filing in the Southern District of New York; and
- representation of a company in defense of an abuse of process claim, which resulted in a successful motion to dismiss in New York County Supreme Court.
Criminal and Securities Enforcement Matters
Notable criminal and securities enforcement matters include:
- representation of a broker-dealer in connection with a FINRA investigation;
- representation of a board of directors committee empaneled to investigate executive wrongdoing alleged in shareholder class actions, derivative suits, and government investigations;
- representation of a financial institution in connection with the terms of a monitorship and a government investigation; and
- representation of indigent clients in the Eastern District of New York, in Brooklyn Family Court, and in connection with sentencing issues.
Mr. Reck is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Council.
• J.D., Columbia Law School; Member, Columbia Business Law Review
• B.A., summa cum laude, The College of William & Mary
• New York
• Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
• The Honorable Roslynn R. Mauskopf, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York