Rebecca Orel works in the firm’s key practice areas: complex civil litigation, white collar criminal defense, and securities enforcement. Ms. Orel served as the Habeas Law Clerk for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Civil, Criminal, and Securities Enforcement Matters
Notable matters include:
- representation of a loan servicer in an investigation by the CFPB of certain servicing practices;
- representation of a corporate client in an investigation by the New York Attorney General’s Office of certain marketing practices;
- representation of a joint venture in state and federal actions under the False Claims Act;
- representation of a financial institution in complex multidistrict securities litigation; and
- internal investigations on behalf of numerous clients including financial institutions, an international manufacturer, and the NFL.
In connection with her clerkship, Ms. Orel developed and taught a Continuing Legal Education course in association with the Federal Bar Association entitled “Habeas Corpus Petitions: A Practical Guide.”
• J.D., Columbia Law School; Executive Managing Editor, Columbia Human Rights Law Review
• B.A., summa cum laude, University of Pennsylvania
• New York
• Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
• Habeas Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York